Course DescriptionThis course is designed to give participants the knowledge and skills to safely and efficiently perform basic scaffolding. The course will cover the safe methods for Erection and Dismantling of Tube & Fittings and System Scaffold.
The participants will receive comprehensive course notes, Exercises, Practical assessment to give the participants the confidence for getting successfully
Holders of basic scaffolding certificates may work in the oil & gas projects, building and maintenance industry or construction sites.
Basic Scaffolding can lead to further skilled training for qualifications i.e. Scaffold Erection & Dismantling, Scaffold Inspector.
Candidates who pass the examination and assessment will receive TÜV Middle East certificate and ID card.
Failed candidates will receive Certificate of Attendance.
Course ObjectivesUnderstand the basic construction and safe methods for Erection and Dismantling of Scaffolds.
Understand competency requirements for Scaffolders in compliance with the standard BS EN 12811-1:2003
Course OutlineUpon completion of training, the participants should be able to do:
- Introduction to the various types of Scaffolds and Definitions.
- Understand the basic construction of Scaffolds.
- Be fully aware of the Foundation Requirements and Occupational Safety Health Requirements etc.
- Be fully aware of the requirements for Scaffold inspection, and satisfactorily examine the equipment for obvious damage / defects.
- The Potential Hazards associated with the manual lifting and how to overcome them.
- Fully understand the Methods of Erection and Dismantling of Static Tower.
- Be fully aware of the need to adopt Site Safety awareness.
- The Safe Methods and correct use of Scaffoldings.
- To select the correct PPE during the erection of Scaffoldings
Training MethodThe training has two parts: Theoretical (1/2 Day) and Practical (1/2 Day)
Maximum number of attendees is 10 Persons
Maximum number of attendees is 5 Persons
Who Should Attend?
- General Workers
- Safety officers