Course DescriptionThis course is designed to provide the necessary knowledge to enable the participants to understand how to safely and correctly inspect and record ongoing and completed various basic scaffolds.
The course is useful for scaffold builders, supervisors, safety officers and inspectors for industrial and construction worksites.
Holders of scaffolding certificates may work in the oil & gas projects, building and maintenance industry or construction sites.
Candidates who pass the examination and assessment will receive TÜV Middle East certificate and ID card.
Failed candidates will receive Certificate of Attendance.
Course ObjectivesUpon completion of training, the participants should be able to do:
Course OutlineUpon completion of training, the participants should be able to do:
- General safety requirements of scaffolds.
- Identify hazards while working at heights.
- Inspecting fall protection and fall preventions measures.
- How to visually inspect the Personal Fall Arrest System.
- Inspection elements and Safety requirements of mobile scaffolds, tube fitting, frame and system scaffolds.
- Inspecting foundations, ties & bracings.
- Calculating scaffold loads – “Dead Load” & “Live Load”
- How to sign scaffold tags.
- How to maintain inspection log / registers.
- To select the below PPE (overall / work clothes, gloves, safety shoes / boots, hard hat)
Training MethodMode of delivery is by powerpoint presentations / videos / interactions and group exercises.
A highly participative course, with theoretical (2 Days) and Practical assessment & examination (1 Day)
Objective type of questions for written exam which will be in English.
Maximum number of attendees is 5 Persons
Who Should Attend?
- All personal who are responsible for the erection of scaffolding structures and having a basic understanding on Scaffolding
- Site supervisors, safety officers, inspectors, scaffold builders and those who are responsible for inspecting and checking scaffolds for safe use, and for signing scafftags and registers in accordance with statutory regulations.
What they require?
- An awareness or basic understanding of scaffolding & applications (Have at least a minimum of 6 months experience or exposure on working in the erection of Scaffolds)
- Complete a 3 day training program
- Pass a written examination – (100 objective questions) – with an 80% pass mark and also the practical assessment on inspection.